Flood Damaged Carpet Cleaning Brisbane
Water emergencies can happen at a moment’s notice at any time of day or night. They are very destructive and can damage all sorts of things. One of the last things on your mind is how much damage your carpet is sustaining, and we would like to keep it that way.
With our 24/7 emergency water damaged carpet hotline, we are able to be there for you whenever water damage chooses to strike. Leaky pipes, overflowing toilets or water seemingly coming from everywhere and nowhere can be more than daunting- it can be scary.
At Carpet Cleaning Brisbane we’re here to help remove water from your carpet, clean, repair and restore your carpets. Call today to talk about out Brisbane carpet cleaning services and let us put your mind at ease as much as it is possible. Our customer service can’t be beaten, and neither can our prices. We are trained to take care of any sort of water damage and we are the experts when it comes to restoring your carpet using our up-to-date technologies and machinery. From carpet stain removal to rug cleaning, we are here to help!
WHAT OUR BRISBANE FLOODED CARPET CLEANING SERVICES CAN OFFER YOU:
- Carpet and fabric protection
- Water extraction
- Cleaning wet and flooded carpets
- Re-stretching and repairing of wet carpets
- Deodorization and disinfection of wet, flooded or water damaged carpet to prevent mold
When your carpets are flooded and you have to deal with the damage that comes from that, looking at the source is what will determine the ways in which you have to deal with it. We are trained to perform speedy water extraction, and carpet damage cleaning. If you call us at the first signs of water damage, we will be there fast. Speed is of the essence for preventing mold and mildew that can cause foul odors, destroy carpets and even make your family ill.
When your pipes have burst or you are dealing with sewage floodwater you need a professional on your side. Contaminated water can spread bacteria that will linger in carpets long after you think things are safe. These bacteria can cause odor, spread disease, or cause new stains to appear long after the water is gone. Depending on the material, and penetration you may need to replace the padding under your carpet, but with a professional on your side you may be able to salvage most or all of your carpet. Give us a call right away and we can determine the extent of the damage and help you make the right decision for the health of your family and your wallet.
Water emergencies that severely threaten the quality and stability of your furniture and carpets are something we are specifically trained to deal with. That is what we are here for, and we absolutely recommend you use a professional cleaning service to help you because we know that the last thing you want is a horrid smell, and continual water and mold damage to ruin your furnishings and your home. Domestic or commercial, our experts are trained to take care of any water emergency you might be dealing with.
When you have a water damage emergency, it is vital to take care of it as immediately as possible.
WE RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS WHILE WAITING FOR ONE OF OUR EMERGENCY CREWS TO ARRIVE:
FIND THE SOURCE OF THE DAMAGE
If it safe and okay for you to do this, you need to find where the water is coming from and shut it off as soon as it is possible. If you are unable to locate the source inside, shutting off the external water main leading into your home may be your best option. Knowing the source of the water is critical in determining the best way to handle the cleaning process.
BE AWARE OF THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
One of the things you learn early on in school is that electricity and water absolutely do not mix. It is imperative that you are safe, so if you suspect there might be live current in the water- DO NOT ENTER- just wait for help to arrive. When and where you can do so safely, remove any and all cords, and electronics. We cannot stress enough that you MUST be careful when doing this, because even having wet hands and touching a source of electricity can get you shocked.
REMOVE FURNITURE IF POSSIBLE
In the area where your home is getting flooded try to remove small furniture from your home as quickly as possible. You want them to dry outside so that you don’t risk spreading water or contamination. The faster you act, the less damage the water will occur to your furniture, and the less likely it is that you will have to deal with any foul odors of any kind. Do your best to clean and disinfect every piece of furniture you rescue out of the water to avoid any mold problems later. We don’t want you to hurt yourself, so leave heavy or bulk objects if you cannot remove them safely- our teams can help lift larger furniture or apply protective coverings.
REMOVE OTHER SMALL ITEMS
Do your best to remove all of your possessions from the water. Make your priority any valuable, fragile items; those that can be damaged by water; and those that could leak or stain causing more damage to carpets and walls. Avoid a potentially dangerous situation and find any unsealed chemicals that could leak into the water.
MAKE SURE TO ALWAYS:
- Wear gloves to protect yourself from contamination and spilled chemicals
- Wear a facemask; you don’t know what you could be breathing in.
- Wear other protective gear- such as closed toed shoes or rubber boots
- Always wash your hands afterwards
- Clean or sanitize everything you remove from the water
- Open or remove drawers, cabinet doors and other movable wood furniture to help everything dry quickly and evenly
- Wrap the legs or feet of heavy furnishings with aluminum foil
- Remove any containers that could spill or leak.
- Check for areas where water could hide or become trapped
- Water damage may cause warping or swelling, allowing wood to dry slowly and fully will help.
- Don’t force drawers if they become stuck.
SOME HANDY DIY TIPS WHEN YOUR FLOODING IS IN A SMALLER AREA
When carpet is ruined due to extensive water damage, you usually only have the options of throwing it away, or calling us. But occasionally it is possible for you to do a few things on your own, and for those times, we have here a nice list of things you can do on your own.
- A wet and dry vacuuming system is a handy tool that you can utilize, and it very nicely does the things you need of it. Be aware that most home wet-dry vacuums are only really designed for very small spills. If there is a lot of water or a large area, call a professional
- Dehumidifiers are wonderful for removing the excess moisture from the air, and helps to keep it off of the furniture within your home. If you have had a spill or even just live in a humid area, using a dehumidifier can protect your investment in your home.
- A wet hoover is an excellent way of pulling up as much water as you possibly can
- DO NOT lift up your carpets. When they are left as they are to dry, it is much less likely that they will shrink at all.
When you have an emergency, Carpet Cleaning Brisbane is here for you. The sooner you call, the sooner we arrive to do what we do best: restore your furniture and carpets back to the wonderful way they were before your awful incident. Between our extensive list of available carpet cleaning services, our very friendly and eager staff, and our amazing prices, our services just can’t be beaten!